Pages

Monday 10 October 2011

I.C.H. - You Won't Like It (2008)

ICH – You Won't Like It (2008) [DIY]
This is probably this best album I purchased in 2010. I caught them in Henry's Cellar Bar in Edinburgh on a Friday night and again the next day at Cramond and they were brilliant on both nights. Made shit only by the fact that I'd been offered to book them, but it was for the week after Rebellion where everyone would be skint and very fuckin hungover. So alas, the best band I've turned down. This album is politically and socially charged right from the get go. They take a look at our social structure, break it down and show us how pathetic it really is. This is pretty much a start to finish album. Not bad for 16 tracks! Personal favourites for slow ones are “My first political song (Early Learning Centre Style)”, “I Won't Pay” and “Look Ma' I got ma Shitkickers On”, but if you want fast ones “Smells like Community Spirit” and “Not Indestructable” are bloody good. It's not the fastest thing you'll hear, but it's lyrical content, matched with a 3 way split in vocal responsibilities, makes this band amazing and the soundtrack to the 2nd half of my 2010. 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment